Baby yet? How you hanging in there Mama?
1. I am grateful for honesty & sharing deep dark as well as simple & easy
2. I am grateful for my best friend, Ray, whose advice to join a particular dating site made this possible
3. I am grateful for elienos for starting the topic of "what I want in a partner" so I could sit down and do some serious thinking, write it out & send it on to be fulfilled by the Universe
1. oh you should see how much progress I have made in my house this week w/o children underfoot!
2. no strike yet!
3. Zaftig -- a beautiful wonderful word....http://www.myfavoriteword.com/Z.html
4. puppies who are growing up & learning more & more
5. how mindful a thing it can be to chop veggies twice a day for the puppies' meals
6. remembering to stretch this morning - precursor to remembering to exercise every day
7. my children
1. rainy days w/o school = major house cleaning
2. DVR - found the remote this morning -- Wilfred & Dr Who
3. that my daughter has the patience & skills to unwind my yarns when they get tangled -- and I mean an entire basket full
4. hot bath last night after all the cleaning & moving of furniture --ahhhhh
5. our food stamps came before the strike, thank the gods - we are going to stock up so we do not have to cross the picket lines or shop anywhere else during the strike
#1. kids off - daughter work, son with father, Mama has the house to her self!
#2. being grateful for that alone time NOT because of anyone else but to do what I want here w/o kids
#3. documentation : ) in case Little Dude's slacks I have covered my ass again
#4. uber motivation to get this place more squared away
#5. i am actually feeling motivated to cook - like real food!
#6. the 4 am rain shower I was awake for & was out in ***ETA -- just realized it's like when you wash your cars, I washed my dogs & now it's on & off showers all day in my now mud field of a backyard : (
#7. the ability to let me son spend days with his father in a chunk vs the very disruptive broken up custody arrangement we do have & which I could stick to, BUT it isn't so good for Little Dude or myself so I have made the Mother's Law & done what is best for now BECAUSE I have control over this
#8. still having chocolate in the drawer : )
#9. warm tea & cuddling weather - and maybe very soon someone to cuddle with : ) who isn't 8 or have 4 legs
#10. the DVR!
1. my kitchen is CLEAN -- the big deal IS that #1 I haven't actually cleared off this one counter area since like we moved in & #2 the layer of dirt which has accumulated daily from having a DIRT yard & dogs...I had given upon parts of the kitchen counters "never" used -- BUT Yesterday I cleared them all off & cleaned them all up!
2. Sunday champagne brunch
3. my daughter worked floral yesterday & she did this little vase with 2 orchids & she bought it for me - silly kiddo : )
4. good sleeps
6. having a boy who loves to read - especially about history ; )
7. no strike yet & she is scheduled for a 32 hr work week
8. that it's ok we are BROKE ass since it's ONLY for a few days & the freezer still has food
9. sooo grateful that every dime we spend at the store counts towards those $25 gift certificates every month or so
10. for knowing & respecting my own boundaries, and flaws
1. for being able to use my wisdom and not go where i should not
2. for Cole Porter as the background music for last night & this morning (so dreamy & romantical, no?)
3. for my sweet baby boy - I can help him get back to his self if I just remember to have even MORE patience
4. for my daughter, she IS trying, but she has always lacked certain skills -- I keep trying w/her, too
1. for remembering that Little Dude needs more help than I remember sometimes -- so we mixed up our day's lessons with Wii bowling every time he got a little wiggly, I played "Chant" instead of other music, I went to bed early with him & did a guided meditation for him to fall asleep.
2. for the knowledge of what my son needs & the ability to give it to him -- if I just make it part of our routine again
3. for feeling like their is someone in my corner now
4. for Boston cream pie!
5. for feeling renewed motivation!
1. warm orange rolls for breakfast
2. getting the day begun before 11 am
3. that i have trained our puppies to sit before they get fed and to not beg at our meal times
4. that if I can't hang with home schooling this year the public school hasn't started yet & that the public school is down the street from my daughter's work
5. that the public library is on our street
6. that my daughter's work in down the block
1. Grateful for friends who came out last night for my comedy gig & were willing to be picked on publicly
2. the JL Farmer's Market for having an Armenian Cucumber - which has been my prop this week on stage -- ends up getting most of the comics who follow me talking about it at least once in their act
3. a wonderful brunch across from the ocean
4. great finds at the Friends of the Library's little section - amazing books for Little Dude today